Finally, Microsoft started offering Windows 11 as a free upgrade to eligible Windows 10 Devices. The latest Windows 11 brings an overhaul to the operating system along with new features and general improvements. Microsoft also makes Windows 11 ISO images available for download and repurpose.
The company has set a mid-2022 timeline for the full rollout of Windows 11 to all eligible PCs so not everyone will be able to see the new update right away. However, if you are impatient and want to upgrade to Windows 11 right away, you can use the official Windows 11 Setup Assistant to upgrade your PC. You can also create a Windows 11 bootable USB stick for a clean install using the media creation tool. Here in this post guide how to download Windows 11 media creation tool and create Windows 11 Bootable USB for clean install.
Official Windows 11 Media Creation Tool allows you to download Windows 11 ISO or create an installation media (Bootable Device) to perform a clean install or repair the problematic computer.
You can use it to do an in-place upgrade or create an installation media, using the media creation tool earlier. But starting with Windows 11, the media creation tool is only for creating a USB bootable media or downloading the ISO file. This means you can no longer use it for in-place upgrades.
Basically, the interface of the media creation tool is the same as in Windows 10. But this is useful because using it, we can download the iso and install Windows 11 even on unsupported or incompatible devices.
How to download the Windows 11 media creation tool
With the launch of Windows 11, Microsoft has also released the media creation tool on an official Windows 11 download page. You can also download Windows 11 media creation tool from Microsoft official site.
- First open your favorite web browser and open this. connection
- This will open Microsoft’s official Windows 11 download page.
- Here you will find three options for Windows 11 Setup Assistant, Create Windows 11 Installation Media and Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO).
- To download the media creation tool to your device, you need to click on the download now option next to it to create Windows 11 installation media.
Create a Windows 11 USB flash drive using the media creation tool
Here is how to create Windows 11 installation media (Bootable USB) using the media creation tool.
- First download the media creation tool and place it in the download folder,
- Right click on media creation tool, select run as administrator,
- Click yes if user account control asks for permission
You must read and accept the Microsoft license terms before continuing. Scroll down and read the license terms before clicking accept.
This time the media creation tool has been simplified and you will not see the upgrade option, nor will you see the option to choose a 32-bit version because
Windows 11 only comes in 64bit.
- If you need to change the language, uncheck “use the recommended option for this computer” and then select the language there.
- Then select that USB from the list and make sure to click refresh if it is not listed.
Make a Note: Anything on the drive you selected will be deleted, so make sure you choose the correct one.
- Setup will create a USB bootable that you can use to start your computer and install the new version of Windows 11.
Using UEFI with USB drive to install Windows 11, that’s all you can use the device now.